Monday 13 February 2012

No real news

Basically I've got a new testable version of GSH - but I lack of forum to play test it - so no real progress is being made.

All I've played recently is a new game of Eclipse - which has once again convinced me that it's a) my favorite space conquest game b) badly flawed c)  Plasma Missile break the game quite badly.

Well at the SFX weekender I did get two games explained to me - and thus have my prejudice against tie in's confirmed....

The first was "the walking dead".  So your a zombie survival game - linked to a deep and detailed background.  And you've got roll a dice and move.  Really?  Roll a dice and move.  2012 and that's what you give us?  I admit I sort of turned off at that point but really it looks terrible.

The second was "penny arcade - gamers vs Evil".  Now I have a lot of time for penny arcade.  There basically nerds made good - and I find them commentary often very interesting.  And this game was clearly made by somebody who was paying attention to games made within the last 5 years - since it was a deck building game.  And it seemed a reasonable implementation of that - but nothing innovative or indeed anything that seemed to invoke the spirit of Penny Arcade.

 Of the two of them - the penny arcade was the only worth even looking at - but even that I'd generally avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment