Friday 21 December 2012

Production

So right now - I'm talking to people about production.

The trouble being until I get everything lined up - no actual orders can be made.  Until I've got a way of getting.....

a printed box, a deck of cards, some hexes, a pile of components, and a mound of specific stone head bits there is no point getting any one of these things..... I mean really what am I going to do if I end up with 9000 meeples in 5 colours if Giant Stone Head is never actually made.....

The rule book and other player aids - the are just a printing job which I'm sure I've got the contacts for.  But it's a big challenge.  And once I've found a way of sourcing it - I've got to make the appropriate files to the correct standards which involves learning a world of new skills to do with desk top publishing......

All within a tight budget so I don't lose money on every copy I sell - even before additional expenses like getting tables at cons.....

2 comments:

  1. Yay, production! Congratulations.

    I never comment here, because I know nowt about game design. Or game production. Or DTP...

    I do know a lot about being a proofreader, though, so if you want one of those when the times comes, shout :)

    (This is Venta, LJ's OpenID is acting up again...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man,
    I'm pretty sure that your predicament is exactly why God created Kickstarter. :-)

    ReplyDelete