Monday 4 March 2013

Well.....

....February has been for a number of reasons a total bust in terms of play testing or designing.  I will be honest and say I'm not a jot closer to either being happy with the game or having started budiling the final versions.

Which gives me two months - March and April to get the game ready for Bristol Comic Con.

Not going to happen especially as I'm now meant to be prepping for a new interview and also I'm out of the country for two weeks at the end of the March. 

I'd best admit it now.  Bit sad - but I've just not been able to make any progress on the damn thing recently along with a good pile of doubts if it's actually any good.

Due to the lack of actual content - please find a link to a useful post on Board Game Geek from the designer of Britania - here

6 comments:

  1. Any chance I could have a look at your current set of rules?

    I can't promise I'll be able to playtest it, but I may be able to, and I can certainly give it a look over.

    Also, have you heard of a program called Vassal? I haven't been able to get the hang of it, but from what I hear it's great for playing board-games on computer if you can get it running; which might allow you to playtest more often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give me a bit I'll see if I can pull the rules into a more readable form - and do you a version of "print and play".

      I've done vassal for Through the ages. Interesting.

      Delete
  2. I found something that I thought would rock your world, so I popped on here to tell you about it. But lo, what did I discover? You're wussing out - poor show old man!

    Here's the link, in case you grow a pair:
    http://www.drivethrucards.com/images/site_resources/DriveThruCards%20Publisher%20Information.pdf

    Now, I must arrange childcare for the weekend of Bristol Comic-con. After all, you'll need somebody there to point and laugh, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally fair. :-)

      Interesting - at $0.08 a card there cheaper then anything else I have found and probably in budget. Although ordering 100 of them totally breaks the on demand printing thing. Shipping costs will be mean but if I order a bundle in one go maybe not that bad.

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Make sure to factor in the 22.7% extra from import duty+VAT. It adds up.

      Delete
  3. Of course, you'd start out by bulk ordering all the cards you need to make the first run of boxed games. However, having the cards available on drivethru raises the possibility of players buying a few additional cards online and custom building their GSH deck (reducing the responsibility that you feel for "getting the balance right"), after all, different players will prefer different approaches to the game, right?

    ReplyDelete