Thursday 4 July 2013

1/12 of a year

So it’s been over a month since I last posted anything about giant stone head and that’s because nothing has happened in that last month.  
Not for want of trying – I had a very clear plan a month ago – couple more playtests – get a locked down improved version to take to Stabcon this coming weekend and play test the same version  few times.  Maybe gather some numbers about where people score there points, and how turn order affects the eventual score rather than just my memory
The card deck needed tweaking that much was certain but I decided to avoid doing that until I’d seen the introduction of a maximum number of cards per play per a battle….
And then – every week for about a month I’ve tried to get people together to play and failed.  I’ve tried Wednesday, Thursday; I’ve tried Monday nights when RPG does not happen, I’ve tried sitting in the pub on a Sunday afternoon and luring people to me with pints.  Nothing, nada, zip, vilch. 
I seem to get one person who says yes – and then a bunch of maybes that fall through.  Just tonight I tried to get people together to play – sneak a test of it in and make the changes tomorrow before I zoom off to Stabcon……
And it’s not just Giant Stone Head either – I’ve failed to get people together to play anything at all.  All in all It’s been a bit depressing.  If time is money and the the goal is to publish by the end of the year – I’ve just lost 1/12 of my budget for no return.

1 comment: