Sunday 10 November 2013

Coffee

So I was reading the book A History of the World in Six Glasses (it's very good) and the section about coffee made me go 'Hmmmmm' about a game based around moving from coffee shop to coffee shop where drinking a coffee allows you to take another move.

And that was pretty good - and I got sketching out version 0.01 and then I ran into a problem.

So it's mainly around people meeting in coffee and exchanging information - which creates a trading mechanic.  However the key thing about gossip is that after you trade it- you still have it....

And all of the trading mechanics I can think off seem to involve the swapping of stuff.

I'm hoping to sleep on it and see if there is a stroke of inspiration....




2 comments:

  1. But if, say, 50% of people know the gossip it is no longer gossip, really. So you can only swap it with a certain number of people, or it becomes valueless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok - I had the solution over night. To get people to treat it like information - make it information.

    So each person has a card that will impact on how prices will change - for example. Which is useful. But - there are 4 other cards which might well impact more then yours does.

    Gossip is showing each other your card - so you have more info. No complicated mechanic or booking. :-)

    ReplyDelete