Wednesday 3 August 2011

Off the mark

Basically this is intended to be a blog about my attempts to design, publish and sell board games simply because I've played enough games that I think are terrible and made me go "I could do better!" - well can I?  Can I really?

I suspect I'll do a series of posts over time covering stuff that's already happened, talk about some interesting links and resources I've found, explain where the slightly odd name comes from, wave art at you as I convince Dr Geof to draw me things in return for my efforts as his comic selling minion at events up and down the country, review board games I've played while I try and take design lessons from them (and nick stuff I like), before finally getting onto where I am with the game I'm working on.

Which feels a little odd because I've had a friends locked live journal where I've been doing all of that for years.  But when one of the Coventry Gamers left and asked me if I had somewhere he could keep up with progress on the game I realised I needed somewhere more public to write about things - because if my plan is ever to publish and get people to buy it - I'll need to do this sooner or later.  So it might as well be sooner.

So Christophe - this ones for you.......


 

No comments:

Post a Comment