Saturday 6 August 2011

Why Stormy Port Games

The aim of this morning was to try and make the blog look pretty - and by sticking this massive wine glass on the I'm not sure I actually achieved that (and if your going 'what wine glass?' I've obviously changed my mind.)  Worse still I've offended the natural order of things by having the content on the right hand side to avoid having the text over the wine glass which was both horrible and hard to read.  I'm very tempted to go back to a much plainer and easier approach - who knows.

But this seems a reasonable excuse to explain why I've chosen the slightly off name - Stormy Port Games - and hence why a giant wine glass seems even a semi reasonable picture for a blog about game design.  I should say that it's not named after giant stone head - simply because well that's my current project - I accept it might never actually get published.  So this is more about the overall prospect.  I suspect to anybody who knows me it's a very obvious name but lets at least pretend that this blog will one day be read by people who don't know me....

Its comes down to two facts and one personal circumstances....

 - The first fact is that I really like Port.  I mean really like it - you know how when people are not sure what to get somebody for christmass they get vouchers - well I get bottles of Port....  Not supper expensive port if I 'm honest - mainly cheap tawny's these days.
- The second fact is that I like world play - and the verbal twisting of expectations.

And the the personal circumstances - I first started thinking about the idea of game publishing when I was under threat of redundancy and wandering what I could do with my time - so that's what was in my head when I was thinking about games.

With those three bits of information - I rather hope it's obvious and should become more so when Dr Geof does a logo.  And yes I'm well aware getting a logo before having a game is rather horse-car.

No comments:

Post a Comment