Tuesday 20 December 2011

How did 2.03 work?

As I'm sure your used to me saying - not as well as I'd like.  One big problem was that it was a 4 player game in which one player got removed pretty early on.  A result of him a) getting picked on and b) deciding that he might as well burn out and painting a target on his head.  That said the mere act of being in the lead should not damn you quite as hard as it seemed to this time......

The movement of 1 still slows the game down - in particular in this game in the last few turns everybody was very limited in there interactions - I often felt there was nothing I could do because everybody was in "the wrong place".  So quicker movement of some sort - either back to two spaces or more movement cards is rather needed.

There was no resource crunch at all in what turned into a 3 player game - people were drawing 5 or 6 cards all the way to the end.  Which seems way way to many.  Also the whole "each different resource" was annoying and fiddly.

Raiding - seemed not to happen - and the more I think about it the less I'm convinced me need a special mechanic. Given the current rules players will have an option of making a single attack on a "winning enemy" to gain renown and that would simply the game a lot. The renown mechanics however are solid and reward attacking - the villages mean sitting and doing nothing is not that strong a tactic - so I want both of those to stay.  

I'm thinking I might need another fairly big revamp......

No comments:

Post a Comment