Monday 12 December 2011

Version 2.03 and links

So after a burst of creativity I've got version 2.03 ready to play test.

The changes seem pretty sensible - certainly not a giant leap anywhere....

I've increased the number of resources Icons on the board (basically doubled them) which won't increase the number of cards in peoples hands (I hope) but should mean that the resource crash is moved to later in the game. 

I've also changed the raid rules such that a) every card now has a raid value (so you can flip a card from the deck if you want) but also so that people in defensive squares are harder to kill with raids.

Both seem sensible but I've said that before......

A good quick write up of the basics of good game design here..... 

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/3205.html

I especially liked the part about needing to make decision making.  I also need to reintroduce "return from the grave rules" to GSH because there right - being wiped out is bad.  The trouble is I don't see much way to deal with returning without introducing a large element of king making (or I may not be able to win but I determine who does....).

No comments:

Post a Comment